This course is offered only through the Medical Laboratory Assisting Program.
Click here to view the Medical Laboratory Assisting Program webpage.
The Phlebotomy course is offered only through the Medical Laboratory Assisting Program and offers hands-on experiences in the classroom lab as well as supervised on-the-job training in a variety of clinical sites.
- Gain expertise in phlebotomy procedures (blood drawing), and specimen collection and processing.
- Develop communication, interpersonal and professional skills.
- Learn industry standards and current trends.
- Practice in a clinical setting.
Graduates are eligible to...
- Sit for the national certification examination for phlebotomy administered by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
- Receive college credits at St. Petersburg College upon enrolling in their Medical Technology program.
- Health Careers Core (included in the program)
- Employability Skills
- Phlebotomy Skills
- Clinical Skills
Last updated: 1/17/2013 7:01:39 AM